Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A Spring Survey...*

I have returned from my New York City adventures. I worked on my knitting on my way there. In my semi-tired state, I thought, "What about a French knitting club?" Some of you may know that I'm taking French lessons at the Alliance Française. I also like to knit. If the alliance can offer culinary lessons, why not a French knitting club? I noticed that most of the students in my class are women. I further concluded that since more than 38 million Americans know how to knit, there's a good chance there are a fair number of Chicagoans would love to gather for the purpose of improving their French and knitting skills at the same time. How's that for a little multi-tasking? Now, I'd throw a little brie cheese and French bread into the mix, perhaps some champagne as the occasion calls for it. What do you think? Feel free to vote (survey is in the sidebar on the left) and leave comments here.
* The kimono-style top you see above has nothing to do with knitting. I sewed this from a Simplicity pattern that I can't uncover at this moment.

No comments: