Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Letter

Dear
Mr.
Hudd:

My
friend
Eia
suggested
that
I
write
you
a
letter.

She
said
you
might
be
missing
your
friends
and
the
Windy
City
now
that
you
live
in
Muskegon,
Michigan.


That
was
Dec.
13,
2007.

It's
now
Feb.
26,
2008.

Sorry.

I
don't
know
what
to
say.
I'm
not
sure
you
remember
me.

I
visited
your
shop
on
Clark
Street.
Once.
For
a
Chicago
Tribune
story.

You
lost
your
ring
that
day.
You
worried
that
I
might
think
you
thought
that
I
took
it!

You
later
said
you
found
your
ring.

Phew!

Anyhow,
I
might
take
the
hi-speed
ferry
from
Milwaukee
to
Muskegon
next
summer.
(After
taking
Amtrak
from
Chicago
to
Milwaukee.)
Then
I
could
visit
you.

I
promise
to
wear
a
hat
if
I
do.

Until
then
can
you
be
content
with
a letter?

I'm
sending
you
the
letter
h
for
happiness.

Most
Sincerely
Yours,

Mary
Beth

No comments: