Thursday, February 12, 2009

Haute Happy Hats

This is a round-up of all things hatty that I've corralled since last week. Most of have a Chicago connection, a few, national, and at least one, international. None so far have any interplanetary ones, but I'm working on it.

First off, milliner Tonya Gross will preview spring collections and sell past season items at a trunk show hosted by Chicago boutique Wolfbait & B-girls Saturday, February 28, 2009.

The Millinery Arts Alliance will be having a "A Hat for All Seasons" tea next Friday afternoon,
3:00 to 5:30 p.m. at The Peninsula Chicago. Reservations are advised.

The vintage chapeau above? It's one on display at the V&A in London. I wrote up a little something on it here last week.

Finally, I'm teaching Sunday at Vogue Fabrics. We're using these two patterns: this out-of-print Vogue pattern and the Flirty Fedora. I'm finishing up a mock-up in craft felt tomorrow for my students. If it's ethical, I might actually sew up the real deal in 100 percent wool felt and enter a hat-making contest at PatternReview.

Last but not least: A Valentine's Day theme knit hat. Cute. Warm. Fitting for the snow predicted tomorrow. Our spring reprieve didn't last long. Darn!

No comments: